Home Library Service
A fantastic service for Merton residents who cannot get to their local library and have no one to go for them.
About The Service
We know that some people may not be able to get to a library or that some people may have difficulty in using a library due to physical difficulty or illness. If you fall into this category and have no-one who can go to the library for you, we have a range of services to offer.
The home visits service brings books to your home on a regular basis. You will be able to request specific titles and we will do our best to get them for you. All users of this service must be members of Merton Library and Heritage Service. If you are not already a member, we can join you. If you are a member, you will be required to give up your library ticket so that we can issue your books to you.
- We will talk to you about the kind of books that you want.
- We will bring the books to your home every month.
- We can visit less frequently, if you require.
- We have large print, ordinary print and talking books on CD and tape.
- We have community language books.
- A Volunteer Selector chooses the books and get your items ready for the Volunteer Driver to deliver.
- All Volunteer Drivers are DBS checked.