Home Library Service
A service for Merton residents who can't get to their local library.
About The Service
We understand that some local residents are unable to get to a library or may have difficulty in using a library due to physical difficulty or illness. If you fall into this category and have no-one who can go to the library for you, then our home visits library service may be the perfect solution.
The home visits service delivers books to your home on a regular basis. To access this service, you'll need to be a Merton Library member. If you're not currently a member, then don't worry as we can help you join and, if you are a member, you simply hand your library membership card to us so that we can access the service on your behalf.
- We'll chat through the kind of books that you want - by author and genre, for example.
- If you have a specific title or author in mind then we'll try our best to get them for you.
- In addition to books, there's large print format avaiable, talking books on CD and tape as well as community language books.
- One of our volunteers will choose the books ready for them to be delivered to you.
- We'll arrange for books to be delivered to your home on a monthly basis, or less frequently if that's your preference by our volunteer drivers who are all DBS checked.
To access the service email the team here.