12 Oct 2023
Recruiting: Volunteering Services Coordinator
About The Role | How to Apply:
· 35 hours per week, flexible working and hybrid working
· £32,500 - £34,000 plus 5% pension, includes Outer London Weighting
· Permanent contract
· Closing date for applications: Tuesday 31st October 2023 (midnight)
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
· Formal interviews will be held during the week of 6th November 2023
· The starting day will be in December 2023
Applicants will be notified by telephone if they are to be invited for interview
Objectives of the post
· To coordinate and deliver Merton Connected’s Volunteering Services Programme
· To promote and celebrate volunteering within the London Borough of Merton
· To promote best practice in volunteering and support volunteering involving organisations to manage a range of volunteers and offer a variety of volunteer opportunities
· To work proactively and strategically with local and national partner organisations to develop partnerships and identify future funding and opportunities to ensure the sustainability and progression of Merton Connected Volunteering Programme.
· Responsibility for Merton Connected’s volunteering and recruitment programmes, both on-site at Merton Connected and at a range of outreach locations
· Promoting volunteering in Merton as an activity that offers new skills and personal development, builds self-confidence and combats isolation
· Promoting flexible models of volunteering to both organisations and individuals
· Supporting voluntary, community, and faith organisations, public and private sector agencies to identify and develop roles and opportunities for volunteers
· Maintaining an up-to-date awareness of issues affecting volunteers and community organisations from both a volunteering and organisational development perspective
· Supporting Merton Connected’s use of databases for recording, monitoring, and evaluating performance, including maintaining records and statistics and the production of performance reports for Merton Connected and funders.
· Line managing Merton Connected volunteer services projects staff and/or advisers
· Managing Merton Connected volunteers.
Please send the application form and supporting statement to: firstname.lastname@example.org